Wednesday 4 December 2013

Mmm, Meatballs

Yes, my loyal readers, it is true... I am still alive!!

I know it's been a little while since I've posted anything, but that's just because I've been trying to avoid posting something about nothing. The purpose of this blog is not to bore you!

But today, I have something for you! Boy do I ever...


I've been doing pretty good with this whole gym thing, but I am starting to become frustrated with the lack of results. I only have 20 days left until Cuba and I don't think anything has changed in regards to my appearance. The one bonus, regardless of what I look like, is that I feel a lot better! I actually look forward to going to work only because I know I'll be headed to the gym after. Who woulda thought!?

But like I said, I'm still experiencing that frustration with the lack of visual results. So today I decided to take a break and, instead, come home, make a nice supper and get to bed at a good time. Maybe stop putting so much pressure on myself and just have an enjoyable evening.

Since I was able to come home at a normal person time, I decided tonight was the night to try another new recipe! A while back, when I was researching gluten free recipes, I came across Urban Poser's blog and, more specifically, her recipe for Spicy Tex Mex Meatballs. They looked and sounded delicious, so tonight I gave them a try.



For those of you who know me, my decision to make meatballs may come as a bit of a shock. First of all, I've never been a huge fan of ground beef, but you know what... it's actually starting to grow on me to the point where I can actually enjoy it! Second, I HATE touching raw meat. In every instance possible I will leave that part of cooking to my SO. But alas, tonight he is working late and I had my heart set on trying these so I put on my big girl panties and got to work!


Oh my goodness, don't they look delicious! Just sitting here looking at the pictures and writing about it makes me want to run downstairs and have another!


I paired them with brown rice and a home-made sweet & sour sauce. Folks, you know I never like to toot my own horn (or at least, that's what I keep saying) but this was AMAZING!!

Now I guess I can't get too excited... after all, these are not yet SO approved, but at this point... I don't really care! These have officially made it on to the rotation. Love!

With that said, it's time to get back to my enjoyable evening with a comfy blanket and a good book.

So until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment