Wednesday 7 May 2014

Meatloaf Cupcakes

Last night, I was feeling a bit adventurous, and decided it was time to try out another new recipe!

Can you guess where I found my inspiration? Pinterest! Could it be anywhere else? Unlikely.

My Mini Lasagnas (also known as Lasagna Cupcakes) have been such a HUGE success that I thought I would see what other little treasures I could make using my muffin tins. There are actually quite a few different options out there! But, based on what I had going on in the fridge, I decided on Meatloaf Cupcakes.

Behold!


Aren't they cute!?

The recipe that I had come across is not actually the one that I used. Call me crazy, but I wanted to test the idea using a meat recipe I already knew I loved (with some adjustments), so that at least if it was a fail, it would only be in the appearance department and not the taste! They turned out perfectly!

The picture of my overall dinner I feel is disappointing in comparison to the cuteness of just the cupcakes...


Oh well! All that matters is that it tasted delicious.

My SO worked late last night (he got home at 11:30pm... BOO!) so he wasn't there to try them out with me, but he had some tonight and also really enjoyed them. That means that next time I'll actually try out what the recipe was supposed to be! :)

I would highly recommend giving these a try. So just in case, here is the recipe I used:


Meatloaf Cupcakes
Meatloaf
2 packages of ground beef (will yield 24 cupcakes)
1/2 pepper (any color)
1 jalapeno
1 slice of red onion, chopped
cilantro (I don't measure, just chop up a small handful)
1/2 cup grated cheese
1 and 1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp dried oregano
2 eggs
1/4 cup ketchup
1 cup bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste

Mashed Potatoes
5 red potatoes, cubed
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prep the potatoes and the vegetables for the meatloaf.
2. Combine all of the ingredients for the meatloaf in a bowl. Spoon into a greased muffin tin (you can fill it to the top, make sure you press down to ensure it's evenly spread).
3. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, put the cubed potatoes in a pot, cover with water, and set on the stove to boil. Once the water boils, turn down the heat and continue to cook for 15-20 minutes.
5. Drain the potatoes and whip with the sour cream, milk, butter and salt and pepper.
6. Top meatloaf cupcakes with the mashed potatoes and enjoy!

If you have an excellent meatloaf recipe, give that a try! And let me know how it turns out.

Until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment