Monday 26 August 2013

Blogging Virgin

Hello there, and welcome to my blog!

It is here that I hope to keep you semi entertained with posts about my life (I know, sounds dull already). Before you make your final judgement let me tell you a bit about why I decided to break my blogging virginity...

First (and most importantly, because it is the real reason why I decided to start this blog) -- as of September 1st I will be starting what I have taken to calling a 30 day gluten free cleanse! My significant other (from now on referred to as 'SO') and I have decided that we are going to jump on this bandwagon and see what happens! While neither of us has a confirmed sensitivity to gluten, I do have my suspicions and can't help but ask myself "what's the worst that could happen!?" Over the last few weeks I have been doing research and compiling a list of gluten free recipes that I would like to try. I have also purchased Danielle Walker's cookbook, Against All Grain and have a long list of dishes I am chomping at the bit to try. I have no misconceptions that this will be easy... but I am very excited to get started and to hopefully feel better as a result!

Second -- I have recently developed an interest in bringing new life to old furniture and have decided that these adventures may also be worthwhile sharing on the world wide web. We have been renovating our house for close to a year and I have decided to call dibs on the smallest of our spare bedrooms. In doing so, I have taken complete liberty over making any and all decorating decisions. It is quite a small space and seeing as we didn't have the furniture to put in it... I did a little bit of bargain shopping. A few Kijiji purchases later I now have a couple of run-down pieces, including a desk, dresser, and bed-side tables! The rehabs have already begun so stay tuned for future posts and transformations!

Third (and probably least interesting of all) -- I hope to fill in the dead space with a few stories from my day-to-day life.

Despite my complete lack of experience in blogging, I am excited to share with you the trials and tribulations of my life over the next while and see how things go!

So until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment