Sunday 16 November 2014

Greek Turkey Burger with Tzatziki

I don't know about you, but I have had a fantastic weekend!

The Canadian Professional Bull Riding Finals were in town, so Scott and I went to that (as we have every year for the last 3 years!). Saturday, after the event, they also have what they call a Cowboy Cabaret, where everyone heads over for some drinks, food and live music. This year Emerson Drive performed! It was an awesome night, but a late one! I can't remember the last time I stayed up that late. So little Mya, barking her head off at 7am this morning was a bit of a rude awakening...


In other exciting news, I sold my car!! So Scott and I have been sharing for the last week. On the bright side, his place of work is on the way to mine, so it's simple enough to drop him off in the morning. And you'd think that, logically, that would mean it would be simple enough to pick him up on my way home from work... but Scott doesn't work "normal people" hours. Last week his pick-up times ranged from 5:00pm to 8:30pm. Sooo... makes it a bit more difficult for me to plan to do much of anything.

But also exciting... I pick up my new car on Tuesday!! :) I am SUPER excited. This will be my first ever brand new car.

But enough about me... let's move on to the food!

Today's post is another Pinterest find... Greek Turkey Burgers with a homemade Tzatziki sauce!


I have to admit, turkey burgers aren't the most beautiful thing to look at, but the taste was definitely there! And healthy! Even with the greek yogurt based tzatziki sauce. We ate ours with a salad and called it a day.

I learned while making this that Scott is actually not a fan of tzatziki sauce... huh. But by that point it was already too late so he just didn't have much with his. I actually really enjoyed it! I ate it for two meals with these turkey burgers, and I also ate it with pork chops one night to try to use it all up. The recipe calls for fresh dill, which I used to buy, but found that we never went through it fast enough so I used the dry stuff and it still tasted just fine to me! I think next time I might put in a little less lemon juice but other than that, I'd make it again.

For the recipe, check out Little Bits Of's blog post.

Coming up next... last weekend I bought Skinnytaste's cookbook and tonight, we tried our very first recipe! Spoiler alert, it was delicious!

Until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment