Tuesday 19 November 2013

Still Alive, Still Walking

Today marks Day 7 of my 30 Day Squat Challenge and I am still alive and kicking! Most important is the kicking part, which means I must also be at least still capable of walking...

I'm obviously a terrible blogger for not previously sharing what it is that I'm doing exactly. So without further ado here is the schedule:


Based on this schedule, my gym session today will also include 80 squats. Which is fine, because I accidentally did 80 yesterday so I already know I'm capable!

Let's hear from the crowd... have you joined in and taken up the challenge!?

In an effort to work on my two key problem areas (stomach and legs) I alternate exercises. And also, let's be honest, I do this because I'm not physically capable of doing 80 squats in a row. So I start out with 20 squats, followed by a round of ab exercises, 10-20 squats, other ab exercises, 10 squats, butt exercises etc. until I've completed everything I set out to do!

I'm on week 3 of my get-toned-for-vacation program and I'm quite proud to say I have successfully hit the gym 4-5 days per week so far! I also have to share an example of how I have demonstrated enormous amounts of self control...

We had a few WAY over ripe bananas hanging around the house and so the SO requested banana bread. Me being the wonderful girlfriend that I am, I agreed to make banana bread in exchange for having our living room furniture moved back inside and my parking spot back in the garage. But the most important (and frankly, shocking) part of this story is not only did I make it for him, but I was able to keep myself to only one piece of the entire batch! And that was straight out of the oven. I mean, come on, how can you resist warm, melt-in-your-mouth banana bread when it makes the whole house smell like deliciousness!? Even when he offered me half of his slice while sitting on the couch watching TV I declined!

For some of you this may not seem like a huge deal, but I have a wicked sweet tooth and would be perfectly happy subsiding on desserts alone!

I'm excited to see the results of my hard work and dedication. They can start showing up any time now!!!!

So until next time...

D.

1 comment:

  1. Hi D! Wow, that's fantastic effort. I recently tried on 2 different occasions to do the 30 Day Shred, and on both times I got sick the following day. Oh dear. Maybe third time's the charm.

    But I admire you for your strength in resisting yummy banana bread, especially when you made it yourself! I always have to sample my work... and then again, and again... hehe!

    Good luck with the rest of your challenge!

    ReplyDelete