Monday 25 November 2013

Wins & Losses

I have a confession to make...

I skipped the gym today *gasp!*

I know, I know... I'm a terrible person. Especially since it was not a scheduled rest day according to my 30 Day Squat Challenge. But after a full day of training at work, my head was pounding something fierce and I just couldn't fathom spending one minute at the gym, never mind the minimum of an hour it takes me to get all of my stuff done. I will absolutely HAVE to go tomorrow!

So that was the loss...

On the win side...

I decided if I was going to be home at a decent time I should put some extra effort into supper. So I tried out another new recipe! Check it out:


Chicken tacos! I was inspired by a few different things when it came to this recipe:

  • Chicken seasoning - I found a tasty-sounding recipe on another blog, Ambitious Kitchen. The only problem was the fish (for those of you who may not know me personally, I do not eat anything from the water). So I used the seasoning on chicken instead.
  • Coleslaw - The SO and I have been using a recipe we randomly found online for a couple of years now. It's pretty simple - mayo, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, celery seeds and apple cider vinegar. Pretty tasty and very quick!
  • The entire idea - I was inspired by the posting from Ambitious Kitchen, but also from similar tacos I've had at a local restaurant, State & Main. Delicious! 
In order to fill it out a bit we also diced up some peppers (red and green) and onion. Of course I also had to add some cheese, but I wouldn't even say that it was necessary. Good if it's on hand and easy, but would likely be just as tasty without!

I have to say folks, the flavor was amazing!! I am super pumped to have leftovers for my lunch tomorrow, and am already excited for the next time we make this. If I have my way this will definitely become a regular in the rotation! 

Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose, but there is always tomorrow!

So until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment