Sunday 27 April 2014

Busy, Busy!

It's been more than a week since my last post... yikes!

But rest assured, loyal readers, it's been a busy time! I haven't neglected my blogging duties for no reason.

Where to begin... on April 21 I started my new job! It's only been 5 days, so there is still lots for me to figure out before I can really be helpful, but I feel confident in saying that this was a good move for me. I have already identified a handful of projects that I would be more than happy to take on, so if any or all of them get the green light, I should have lots to do!
 That same day, I also went to my first Spring Boot Camp session! Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but this is an outdoor boot camp that one of my friends asked if I would be interested in, and for some now-forgotten reason, I decided it would be a great idea! It is frickin hard!!! After two days, I couldn't walk. So I took a couple of days off, and will be back at it tomorrow... I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end! (If I survive)

On Friday, my SO and I headed to one of our local Ukranian churches for an all-you-can-eat perogy dinner, which was fantastic!! Of course, pretty sure that cancelled out all of the work I did during the first two days of boot camp (ha!) but oh well... it was totally worth it.

On Saturday we went granite countertop shopping for my bathroom... speaking of which, the renovation is progressing nicely! I finally decided on a paint color, so it's been painted, the tub is in, the tile is done, the vanity is installed... now comes flooring and then all of the trim and it'll be ready for use! I'd love to share a picture... but I think I'll wait for the big reveal!

Sunday we enjoyed a delicious brunch with some friends from my previous job, and then I spent the afternoon at a psychic fair!! How cool is that?! There were about 15 psychics with booths all around a room, so after a lot of consideration, I sat down for a reading with a medium.  How did I decide? Well first of all, I am a HUGE fan of Theresa Caputo from the TLC show Long Island Medium, so that was one of the reasons. Secondly, I've had tarot card readings done before, but I've never sat down with a medium, so I decided to try something new. Although the wait to see him was very long, it was well worth it. Most importantly for me, I was able to connect with my pooch, Jasper, who has been gone for almost a year. It was amazing!

Unfortunately, with all that has been happening this week, I have zero recipes to share with you. On the nights that I had boot camp, I ate eggs and toast, and for the rest of the nights this week and weekend, we actually ended up eating out - whether it be for a birthday celebration, a work function, UFC fights... lots of reasons! Hopefully things will get back under control soon and I can provide you with something new to try!

So until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment