Monday 14 April 2014

Movin' on Up

Well, loyal readers, it has been a busy week! But first...

You may recall from my Baked Spinach and Mushroom Pasta post that I had mentioned big things happening in my neck of the woods. Well, I think now is the time that I can finally share with the rest of the world...

Over the last few months I have really been considering my career and current position. After some hard thinking, I decided to start looking around. And well... I have officially resigned from my current position and will be starting a new job on April 21!! I'm very excited to share with you all that I have been offered a great opportunity to take the next step in my career and move up the ladder a bit. While the whole process was a bit stressful (I've never had to quit a job before!!) I am very excited to start this new chapter.

Now, on to a few other updates... I feel like I've been pretty good with providing regular recipes for you all to at least read about if you haven't tried any yet, but this week I must confess... I have nothing. BUT! I have a really good reason as to why.

Last week, on Wednesday April 9, my SO celebrated his 28th birthday! While he had originally requested my now-famous mini lasagnas, we ended up heading to his dad's house for supper. They had just come back from Palm Springs and we had some catching up to do. For supper we had their version of lasagna, garlic bread, a salad and my favorite part of the meal... ice cream cake for dessert! The next night we headed over to his mom's house for a second birthday dinner, where we had spaghetti and meat sauce with his personal favorite, blueberry cheesecake for dessert! The next night we went out for supper with his brother and his wife for a joint birthday celebration. Noticing a pattern? Long story short, and as I mentioned above, I have zero recipes for you this week as I spent most of my time having other people make food for me! :)

After a few nights of eating out, I was finally able to make the mini lasagnas my SO had requested on the weekend. Oh my goodness, I will just never get sick of these things!! Good thing too, because my mother has requested them this weekend when I head home for Easter.

Just for the sake of my rumbling tummy, I will share with you a picture of one other meal we pulled together this week... perogies, polish sausage, cabbage rolls and beetniks!


(You'll notice no cabbage rolls on my plate... can't stand the things! But the SO had no problem eating them all by himself)

On to the next part of our lives I know you just love to hear about... renovations! I am happy to report that we have continued to make progress on the bathroom! And by we, I guess I should really give full credit to my SO. Drywall is done (including mudding and taping), the ceiling has gotten a fresh coat of paint and the walls are primed! But here I sit, still struggling with the paint color decision... oh boy.

Anyways, that's really all I have for you tonight... I promise I will get back on the recipe wagon as soon as possible!

So until next time...

D.


No comments:

Post a Comment