Thursday 26 September 2013

Shall We Try This Again?

Well, I think it is safe to say I have not been a 5 star blogger so far! It's a darn good thing this isn't my job. Although I suppose nobody can really fire you from your own blog...

Regardless, please do not fear, my loyal readers, as things are about to pick up again!



I am finally to the point with my anemia where I feel pretty much back to normal... the dizzy spells are gone and I'm not getting excruciating headaches anymore. Of course, I will still be required to take supplements for quite a while longer, but what I was more concerned about was when they were going to actually kick in.

So what does that mean for you, you might ask? 30 Day Gluten Free Challenge, try el numero dos (see what I did there? Ah, Google translator)!

October 1st, my friends, the journey begins again. I've been doing a bit more research into recipes and things to try and should have myself prepared by the time this rolls around.

On the furniture front... I think I have resigned myself to the idea of having to re-do the drawers on the desk. It has proved impossible to find a handle that I like (not even love, but like!) in the size that is currently required. So looks like there will be some wood filler and a few more coats of paint and primer in my future!! I suppose it will all be worth it to have handles that I like as much as the glass knobs I put on my night stands.

And on a completely unrelated, never blogged about before front - our kitchen will officially be done tomorrow!!! For those of you who don't personally know me, the SO and I (plus a myriad of others) have been renovating the kitchen for the last 4 months. And it has been BRUTAL!

This is what we started with...


After ripping everything down to the studs...


After 4 months of using our downstairs bathroom as a kitchen (yuck!) I am so relieved to be able to function normally again. The backsplash was grouted yesterday so as of tonight we should be able to put all of the plates for plugins and light switches back on and be done! I will post a picture... it is definitely a drastic change!

So until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment