Wednesday 13 November 2013

30 Day Squat Challenge

Well folks... I am just over one month away from my tropical vacation!! Feels like it has been a pretty slow start to the countdown, I must say.

But ahh, vacation! I am still beyond excited. I can picture it now... me, lounging on the beach, a cold drink in my hand (ideally with a little umbrella in it like they always have in the commercials), a thick layer of SPF 1000 coating my pale and delicate skin... and beside me, my SO, who will be virtually black from the hours spent in the sun, sitting there laughing at me and my unfortunate complexion. Surprisingly the thought does not rain on my parade in the slightest!

But before all of that can happen I have to make it through the next month of busting my rear at the gym in hopes of slimming down and toning up. I have to give myself a pat on the back here right off the bat because I am actually doing very well so far with just even getting my lazy self to the gym! Kudos D.! 

As part of my research into exercises to tone up my problem areas (what did the world do before Google!?) I came across a 30 Day Squat Challenge. Well, actually, I came across a few different versions, but you get the point. 

So I thought to myself... problem area, meet solution!! I have already been going to the gym for about a week, and I have also already been doing squats but I figured this would be a way to push myself. I mean, the challenge starts on day 1 with 50 and ends on day 30 with 250. If that doesn't force me to try hard, I'm not too sure what will. I find that when I have a defined number in mind I will make sure to achieve it, even if it hurts real bad. If I'm left to my own devices, I'll call it a day as soon as I get tired.

I officially started the 30 Day Squat Challenge today and made my way through the 50 squats! Thank goodness I've already been doing some squats because I think that definitely helped. Tomorrow is 55. Plus the rest of my workout, of course. 

We shall see how it goes! I have also come across a 30 Day Crunch Challenge and seeing as how that is my other problem area... I'll probably have to try that too!

So until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment