Sunday 24 November 2013

Progress!

Exciting news, loyal readers... my projects have finally found their permanent home upstairs in the last of the spare bedrooms to be renovated!!!

The third and smallest bedroom upstairs has been our pantry for the last 6 months while we were renovating our kitchen. Now that our kitchen has finally been done for a few weeks, the SO and I got around to putting the rest of the food/tools/etc. away, which left the bedroom empty and ready for furniture!

I am excited to show you the pictures!


Ready!?




For those who may not remember, or who may not have read my previous posts, the room contains the following projects:

-Bed frame --> was previously brass, I spray painted it white
-Night stands --> were previously black and white, I painted them a soft blue and changed the handles
-Desk --> was previously stained wood, I painted it yellow and changed the handles

To finish it all off, I added chrome accents, a super cute mirror and a colorful bedspread that I got at Target.

I personally think it turned out super cute! Each time I walk by I admire my handy work :)

Now that this room is complete we are one step closer to finishing off renovations. Today we are finishing painting the office downstairs. I've blogged about this room previously because I think we are on color choice number 4, but I love the way it's looking so far. The purple I picked for behind the white shelves is popping, and I'm excited to pick out some cute knick-knacks that will pull it all together. Also on the list is a new desk, which ideally will be another project if I can find something used that matches what I have in my head. Easier said than done most times!

Then it will be on to painting the rest of the basement, and then when that's done, we can FINALLY put our living room upstairs back together. It can't come soon enough!

That about sums up the reno side of my life. On the personal side, I'm still busting my butt to get in shape for our vacation, which is coming up in only one month! I'm doing my best to eat a bit better, and to prove it, I have a couple of pictures from meals we had this week.

Everything you see here on this plate was BBQ'd courtesy of my SO. Pork chop, carrots, and beets! Very delicious.


And here we have a supper that I made one night when it was just me on my own, as the SO was working late. Rice with ground beef and a mushroom salad on the side. Worked out quite well, although I wouldn't say it made for the best picture...


In any case, still waiting on some of the visible results of my efforts, but I still have about 30 days so here is hoping it's enough time!

Unfortunately, it's time for me to get back to painting. Gotta keep getting stuff done so I can share the pictures with all of you :)

So until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment