Monday 20 January 2014

Basement Reveal

As promised, I have returned with pictures of the basement renovation, which we also finished this weekend. A huge thank you to my mom, who came to visit for the weekend and helped to clean the walls, furniture and get everything back in its rightful place. And on her birthday too!!

Here are the before pictures:

This picture was likely taken on move-in day more than a year ago. But this was what the basement living room looked like.



This was the back entrance. That door leads into the garage.



And this was the office.


Are you ready for the reveal?

...................

Ok, enough already.

Behold! The basement living room after all of our hard work!



The room got a fresh coat of paint, including a new accent wall, and new trim and doors all the way around. It still looks very bare, but do not worry, I'm already on the hunt for my accent pieces. I'm thinking orange will look really good with the white and the different shades of bluey-green.

Next up, the back entrance...



Same thing as the living room, the back entrance got paint, new doors and trim, and a new floor. Very proud of the SO for putting in the new back door all by himself! Well, mostly by himself. I unfortunately got stuck with the crummy job of standing inside the freezing cold garage holding the door in place.

And finally, the office...


You may recall from previous posts that we painted this room 3 different times, but I am very happy that I risked the wrath of my SO by suggesting we change it up yet again. I LOVE the way the purple turned out and think it will look great once we start putting some books and cool trinkets up there.

As you can see, right now it is Mya's room. I am currently on the hunt for a cool desk and chair so she gets to stay for now! But once I have everything ready to be moved in she will likely be relocated to another room in the house.

Speaking of Mya, she made her first appearance on the blog last week in one of my before shots of the living room. I figure, now that she has been mentioned, she deserves a full introduction.

Readers, meet our Mya :)


Here she is hanging out in the back seat on the way to the dog park. She is a ridiculously tiny boxer (runt of the litter) with what my dentist sister would refer to as a class 5 underbite. But she is also a huge sweetie, who loves everything and everyone!

Anyways, that concludes our household renovations... for now! We are taking a couple of months off (WOOHOO!!!) before we get started on the bathrooms. But between now and then I will likely have more pictures as I accessorize!

What do you think? We done good, eh? (If I do say so myself)

Next up on the blog... a gluten free brownie recipe I tried out for my mom's birthday!! Stay tuned.

Until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment