Thursday 5 September 2013

First Big Hurdle

Well folks, I have encountered by first big hurdle, which has resulted in a bit of a setback regarding my 30 day gluten free challenge...


Since Friday of last week I have been getting a lot of headaches, including a wicked migraine on Tuesday, as well as a constant sense of vertigo and feeling dizzy. I've been to the doctor and it's likely this is a result of having donated blood for the first time last week. You see, I donated for a competition we are participating in at work, but I had just barely made the cut-off in terms of weight as well as my iron levels. As a result, my doctor thinks I have likely depleted my iron levels (which are typically pretty low for me anyways) and I also have lower-than-usual blood pressure at the moment. So when I told him that I was also in the process of changing my diet he suggested I hold off on that until I get my levels back up to normal.

I've gone to get blood work done just to be sure, but in any case, I have put my gluten free challenge on hold for the moment. Once I get the green light that there isn't anything more serious and I have gotten my levels back up to where they need to be I will be starting again!

For those of you who are avid readers (I'm thinking maybe 3 if I'm lucky haha) I will still be making posts, so do not fear! My nightstands have been curing for 3 days and so I have plans to finally put the pieces back together and have them finished by end of day tomorrow! I managed to leave drag marks in the finish on the top of my desk (fail!) so I need to sand the finish off and try again on that part of it, so that will hopefully be done next week. On the bright side, I haven't even picked out handles yet so that will give me more time to shop and make a decision.

I apologize for the delay, but we will still have things to talk about, and I will be getting back on this gluten free wagon just as soon as I can!

So until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment