Monday 2 September 2013

Furniture Rehab - Attempt #2

I know, I know - I haven't even posted the results from Furniture Rehab - Attempt #1 and here I am posting about #2!

Not to worry, attempt #2 caught up to attempt #1 so now they should be finished around the same time. That means lots of results all at once! I'm super excited (mostly to not be covered in paint anymore) and hope you are too! We are talking weeks and weeks of effort here.

But enough of that, on to the story of attempt #2...

Another Kijiji find, I bought this child-sized desk for $10!! Only to bring it home and have my SO tell me I shouldn't have even paid that much...

It is a little sad looking, don't ya think?


Nevertheless, I was pumped. Another piece of real wood furniture that is smaller in stature and will squeeze quite nicely into my little guest room!

As this piece hadn't already been painted it required much less sanding, but there were LOTS of scratches and dents in the top that I did my best to fix using wood filler. I also found it to be a lot more difficult to paint, but by the time I was putting on the second coat of the actual paint color I finally had a system figured out.

This desk and my nightstands are all currently hanging out in my garage with a fresh coat of clear, semi-gloss poly on them. Based on what I've read on other blogs, I should really wait a full 72 hours before using the furniture, so I'm also going to wait that long before I put the knobs on and put all of the drawers back in. Not sure how I will have the patience, but I also don't want to wreck all of my hard work!

So what that means for you guys is... no more pictures until the end of the week (sad face).

But for those of you who just simply can't get enough of my interesting posts... stay tuned for tonight's post about day #2 of my gluten free challenge!!

So until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment