Tuesday 8 October 2013

My Next Project

So typical for me... I haven't yet finished my previous project, but I'm already on to planning the next!

I am still working on finishing my desk. So far I have filled the holes for the previous handles, sanded them down again, and primed them. All they need is a couple coats of the yellow paint and some poly. I figure by the time I get that all done the handles I ordered will be here!

But my attention has now turned to my next project idea!


I was spending some quality time on Google and Pinterest over the weekend trying to come up with some ideas for wall art. See, we have absolutely zero art, but a LOT of empty wall space that is just calling for it. And in my search for ideas regarding painting my own canvas I stumbled across what I think is brilliant, elegant, and just straight up cool; ceiling medallions as wall art!

Now when I told my SO about this idea he looked at me with confusion (not the reaction I was looking for, although I guess I should be used to the fact that he doesn't get excited about my creative ideas like I do!). Turns out, he didn't know what a ceiling medallion is.

For those of you who may not know, it was the style back in the day in the old houses -- a decorative circle that a chandelier would hang from, typically made from plaster.

Well, now I'm going to take a few medallions of different sizes, paint them, and hang them on the walls as art. Here is one of the pictures I found that inspired me:


I am so excited by this idea that I'm not even sure which room to put them in! I was originally looking for ideas for art to hang above our bed, but now I'm thinking of using this idea in the formal living room, where there is a lot of empty wall space above one of the couches. And if I do that, what color would I paint them? Oh, the options!!

But first... a shopping trip! I will be looking for a minimum of 4 in different sizes and styles. I'll let you know how it goes!

So until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment