Monday 21 October 2013

The Never Ending Project

This desk... I tell ya! I'm not sure how many of my readers will remember, but in a much earlier post (we are talking before the night stands were even finished) I had said that I would probably have the desk and the night stands done at the same time. Boy was I wrong!!


I had said in my previous post that it would be finished over the weekend with pictures for today but I ran into yet another snag with the delivery of my handles. Apparently delivery was attempted on Friday when I wasn't home. That's fine, that happens all the time. However, they typically leave a delivery notice saying where my package can be picked up since I missed the delivery and this time they did not. After phoning several different places it seemed nobody had any idea where my package was.

This morning I finally got confirmation on where it is and I will be heading to pick it up after work! I will be enlisting the help of my SO as I'm not as confident in my ability to properly measure, space, and screw new holes in the drawers for my handles. I don't want to screw it up and have to go through all of this again!

On another note, I tried another new delicious recipe!


This was Friday's supper - baked chicken with a dijon mustard sauce, rice, and mushrooms sauteed with garlic. It wasn't anything too fancy, but it worked out quite well and it's gluten free! I would definitely eat it again.

My mother is visiting for a few days and she has (unlike myself) successfully been living the gluten free challenge so I am excited to try new recipes on her. Stay tuned for pictures and stories of success and/or failure!

So until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment