Friday 11 October 2013

Another New Recipe

Well folks, I experimented with yet another new recipe for supper last night! I have to say, my adventurous attitude in the kitchen is even starting to surprise me... I remember the days when I first started dating my SO and he did all of the cooking because my repertoire consisted of scrambled eggs and toast! I've always loved to bake, but cooking has only recently become a new hobby of mine.

I found this recipe on the internet one day when I was looking for more ideas for gluten free recipes. While the recipe itself was not gluten free, and I did not make it gluten free last night, the option is there to trade out the pasta for a gluten free option when we finally go that route.

My SO was pretty excited when I informed him that we would be trying another new recipe, which is both encouraging, but also a little nerve wracking. It's a bit of an ego booster to know that he is excited to eat what I put in front of him (especially knowing I've never made it before) but I also can't help but think... what if it sucks? The disappointment would be that much greater based on his level of excitement prior to actually eating it!

You'll be happy to hear, however, that supper actually went over quite well last night. Granted, my SO will eat just about anything, but I liked it, so that's when you know it actually wasn't too bad.

So without further ado... our supper last night, my first attempt at beef stroganoff!


This is so lame, but I have to also share how excited I was to find garlic bread (you know, the stuff that you get at the grocery store that comes as a loaf in a silver bag that you just throw in the oven) for a single person/couple!! Normally you have to buy that huge loaf that feeds a family of 10, but they now sell half loaves that are more realistic for a couple like us that would love to, but probably shouldn't, be eating garlic bread for a week.

The only request from my SO... not to necessarily add more mushrooms, but to make it taste more mushroom-y. The recipe I used was very simple, with only 3 ingredients for the sauce, so I've already come up with at least one idea on how I can accommodate his request without complicating things. Straying from the recipe though... yikes! I am a recipe girl so we shall see how that goes.

When I do eventually start trying harder to force us to start focusing on avoiding the gluten I will likely make this recipe with gluten free pasta and without the garlic toast (sigh).

But for now, I can be excited about the fact that I have leftovers for lunch today!!

So until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment