Thursday 3 October 2013

Here We Go...

I feel like such a failure! In my last post I said that as of Ocobter 1st the gluten free challenge would begin again. But then... I found out that the cafeteria where I work was serving perogies for lunch on that same day. I'm sorry guys, but I am just not strong enough to resist the pull of perogies! And so, it is safe to say, I definitely did not go gluten free that day.



On top of that, I must admit that I still have not gone gluten free completely. I have, however, made a drastic change to the foods that I am eating throughout the day. I even went to the gym for the first time yesterday in quite a while! I think I will ease into this gluten free thing instead of going cold turkey. I need to spend some more time finding gluten free alternatives... specifically, a gluten free bread that has more taste to it than styrofoam. You see, I eat eggs and toast every morning for breakfast and I am having a VERY hard time imagining what I would eat without that.

I did have a tasty gluten free supper last night, however. And for the very first time ever, I tried kale! It definitely does not look appetizing in the slightest (at least I don't think so) but I sauteed it with some olive oil, garlic, and a little bit of lemon juice and it was actually pretty good. The SO approved as well, so that's always a good thing! We ate it as a side to what I refer to as a sausage hash - gluten free sausages with peppers, onions, and mushrooms.


In some sort of attempt to make myself feel better for being a failure at the whole gluten free challenge thing, I have decided to give you all a sneak peak at the handles I have ordered for my desk! The SO says they suit me... I'm not sure if that's meant as a good or bad thing, but I think they will look cute on the desk and tie it in with the glass knobs on the night stands.

Ready...


Pretty, aren't they!? I ordered them on Monday and received notification on Tuesday that they had already been shipped! Only problem is they are coming from China so it will still take a couple of weeks to get here :( but by then I should be ready for them! The previous holes have been filled, I just need to sand them down and make sure they are smooth and then paint, paint, paint! At least all I have to re-do is the drawers... they are small and easy.

So until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment