Friday 25 October 2013

SOOO Excited!!

Big news folks!!

And no, it's not that I finally have the dresser done (sad face).


As of this morning, I have officially booked what will be my very first EVER tropical vacation!!!!!

Now that may not be as exciting as you were hoping for, but let me tell you... I am pumped! I have only been trying to convince someone to go on a tropical vacation with me for years. And it is now finally happening! :) :) :)

The SO and I both have a couple of weeks off over the Christmas break and figured, what the heck!? Might as well! So my pasty white skin will be enjoying 7 days on a beach in just two months. I'm going to have to buy a family pack of sun screen...

In other news (just in case you didn't care about that) I started another project. Aren't I just a terrible person? Although I think the blame for my desk not being finished yet rests solely with my SO. If he wasn't working late every night it would be done!

A few weeks ago I officially decided that I didn't like the color we painted the office. We had lived with it for a couple of months, and it just wasn't growing on me. However, that was already the second color we had picked so I knew that my SO would not appreciate my idea of changing it up yet again. So I waited until we went home to my family's place for Thanksgiving to broach the subject... you know, safety in numbers!

The conversation went something like this:

ME: "Honey, what would you say if I told you I think we should re-paint the office again?"
SO: [look of death followed by] "I'm not helping."

Not one to be deterred by a nasty look, I have since gone forward with my plan for a different color! Or should I say, colors!

When we were first looking at paint colors for the renovation upstairs we came across the most amazing purple. We had originally selected it for the bathrooms, but my SO got cold feet. I was still in love with it, though, and tried to convince him we should use it for the office... but to no avail. The first color we tried (unfortunately it was my pick) turned out nothing like the paint fan and so it never made it passed the first coat! The second color my SO picked, and it was somewhere between a Tiffany and robin's egg blue. It wasn't as bad as the first paint color, so we left it. But as I mentioned... my heart has not been growing fonder.

And then, one day, I had this brilliant idea! On the one wall of the office there is a book case built into the top half of the wall. When we bought the house it was just natural oak so when we painted the office the first time we decided to paint all of the book case in white to make it a bit more modern and so it would match the new doors and trim going in later.

So the new paint scheme... I have already put two coats of the purple color I am in love with on the back of the built in book case. It will look so fantastic with the white shelves and some cute nick-knacks scattered throughout. The rest of the room will be a light grey, to make the purple stand out even more.

I'm excited.

And so is my SO, as he is holding to his word and not helping!

I'm not sure pictures will do it justice, since it's in the dark basement, but I'll see what I can do for my loyal readers.

So until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment