Friday 28 February 2014

Pizza Casserole

I know you are probably all super concerned about how I am feeling since my last post... (I flatter myself, I know).

The good news is that I'm feeling much better! I think the issue was that I had become super slack in taking my iron pills and I'm sure my levels were starting to take a dive again. Since I've started taking them regularly again I've been feeling much better, so I just have to ensure I stick to it!

That doesn't mean that I still don't enjoy a quick and easy meal! I know my last post was also pizza related (recipe for Pizza Muffins) so maybe you were ready for something else, but that will have to wait for another time.


This week The Bachelor was on for 2 hours on both Monday and Tuesday, so I needed to make something that a) tasted good b) was quick and easy and c) resulted in leftovers. So I went back to a recipe I've made a couple of times before... Pizza Casserole!


As you can see here, I was a bit over zealous and had already started dishing up before I remembered I hadn't taken a picture yet!

It doesn't look terribly healthy, but come on, it's pizza! And there are vegetables in there, what more do you want from me?!   :)


All joking aside, this is pretty delicious! And SO approved.

If you'd like to give it a try, here is the recipe:


Pizza Casserole
1 pound of ground beef
1/2 onion
2-3 zucchini
2 garlic cloves (or 1 tsp minced garlic)
1 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
1/2 pepper
3-4 mushrooms
100 grams sliced pepperoni
1 cup shredded cheese
1 jar pizza sauce
1 package Pillsbury biscuits or buns

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Brown the ground beef. When it is half done, add in the garlic and red chili flakes.
3. Add all of the vegetables and the pepperoni into the ground beef and cook until the veggies are softened, but not cooked all the way through.
4. Add in the jar of pizza sauce and cook until warm. (I also add hot sauce since my SO needs everything to be spicy).
5. Pour the mixture into a baking dish. Cover with the shredded cheese and top randomly with the biscuits or buns. (I use the buns and cut them in half so I can get full coverage).
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the buns are golden and the casserole is bubbly.

Let me know what you think!

So until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment