Friday 21 February 2014

Pizza Muffins

It's during weeks like this one that I am especially thankful for my SO.

I'm not really sure what my problem is, but I have been getting wicked headaches all week and I have been completely exhausted! The thought of having to get up off the bed or couch and make supper at night is more than I can handle.

Luckily, my SO knows how to cook some pretty delicious food and he has taken over most nights this week. I apparently need to book a few massages and hopefully get rid of whatever tension is causing these headaches!


On Tuesday my darling made me BBQ'd steak, BBQ'd potatoes, BBQ'd beets and sauteed mushrooms.


Men and their BBQs :)

No complaints from me though! I am a terrible BBQ'er so I'm always happy to have him do it.

On Wednesday he worked late, so unfortunately I was forced to fend for myself (we will talk about that later). But on Thursday, he made us chicken fajitas.


Also delicious! A little spicy for my personal tastes... but still fantastic!

Here is a cute little story for you... when I first started blogging my SO would make fun of me for taking pictures of my food. In fact, I sometimes resorted to doing it in secret! However, that slowly progressed to him complaining about why I only took pictures of the food I made and not the food he made for me. Yesterday, we were down to our last white plate which meant one of us would have to go back to eating off of one of our older green ones. And what does he say to me? "I'll let you have the white plate so it looks better in the picture." Aww, so cute :)

Now to the one meal I've made this week... I thought to myself, what can I make that will take very little effort, very little time, but still result in leftovers for when my SO gets home from work?

The answer? Pizza muffins.


I've made these once before and they are decent enough. Definitely not something I would add to the weekly rotation, but in a pinch, they work just fine!

I originally found the recipe on Pinterest (devil be the one who got me hooked on that website!) and quickly discovered I needed to double the recipe as it was originally intended for mini cupcake sized muffins, not full sized ones.

As with any pizza, you can pretty much take whatever you have in the fridge and throw it in there! So if you're as lazy as I am this week, maybe you should give them a try!

Here is my version:


Pizza Muffins
1 and 1/2 cups flour
1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tablespoons oregano
1 and 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup grated cheese
pepperoni and salami, thinly sliced and cute into bite-sized pieces
1/2 red pepper
1/4 red onion
pinch of salt
pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
pizza sauce

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt.
3. Whisk in the milk and eggs.
4. Stir in the cheese, meat, and veggies.
5. Allow the batter to sit for about 10 minutes.
6. Stir the batter and divide among the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
7. Serve with warmed-up pizza sauce for dipping.

The original recipe I stumbled across on Pinterest can be found on Lick The Bowl Good's blog post.

Do you have any ideas for quick and easy recipes? Let me know!

So until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment