Monday 13 October 2014

Mini Cheesecake

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians! I hope you enjoyed a fabulous weekend... whether it be with family, friends, or maybe you just had some quality relaxation time at home.

My SO and I had a very busy weekend, full of family and a LOT of food! First, we made the trip to visit with my family and enjoyed a super delicious turkey dinner! Then, we came back home and went to his mom's house for another delicious turkey dinner. And then the next night... our 3rd turkey dinner with his father's side of the family. All-in-all... 3 turkey dinners later and I feel as though I may be permanently stuffed!


But let's get down to the point of this post... cheesecake!


With 5 adult kids and a couple of significant others descending on my parent's home, it can often be pretty overwhelming to feed everyone. As a result, us girls usually try to help out by bringing some of our own baking to supply snacks and dessert. This time, I tried a new recipe and brought along mini cheesecakes!


I was just returning from a conference and had very little time to make any sort of dessert, but was pretty set on cheesecake for some reason. So, I went with this recipe, which uses an Oreo cookie as the base!


My family can sometimes be a bit particular, so I wanted to give them a few different flavour options... so I went with regular, strawberry, and oreo (on top of the fact the an oreo is the base).

Doesn't this look delicious?


I would strongly recommend you give these a try... they make awesome little treats for hosting parties or taking to other events. And (bonus!) they aren't even that much work. One thing to keep in mind... they are cheesecakes, which means they need time in the fridge to set so it's best to make them the day before you need them.

Interested in the recipe? Here it is...



Mini Cheesecakes

1 package of Oreo cookies (1 family-sized pack, or 2 regular-sized packages)
3 bricks of cream cheese, room temperature (250g each)
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup sour cream
Pinch of salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 275F. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners and place one whole Oreo cookie in the bottom of each.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a mixer until smooth. Gradually add the sugar and mix until fully combined. Mix in the vanilla.
3. Add eggs a little at a time, continuously mixing. Then add the sour cream and pinch of salt.
4. Add one big spoonful of the mixture to each cookie-lined cup, so that they are each about 1/2 - 3/4 full. At this point you can either leave them plain, or add whatever you'd like (strawberry, blueberry, crushed cookies etc.).
5. Bake the cheesecakes for 22 minutes, rotating the pan at the half-way point.
6. Remove from oven and let cool. If you can, leave them in the muffin tins. If not, let them cool for 10 minutes and then carefully remove and allow to remain cooling on a wire rack. Once fully cooled, refrigerate overnight, and then serve and enjoy!!

Quick, easy, delicious! You gotta give these a try... and if you do, let me know how it goes and what flavour is your favorite!

Until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment