Thursday 30 October 2014

Pancakes

It's been a busy week folks!

For starters, my parents came to visit this past weekend! About two months ago I mentioned to my father that I was starting to consider selling my car and moving up to an SUV. He LOVES car shopping, so it wasn't long after that that he started sending me information on every SUV out there and talking to sales people to get an idea on prices. Over the last month I have test driven quite a few of them... and finally found one that I liked the best. All that's left... is to sell my car! (If you're in the market for a pretty cool Tiburon, let me know!)


Then, it was back to work on Monday as per usual. Now that I'm sitting here thinking about it, I don't know why it felt so busy. I'm having a tough time remembering anything that I've been doing...

Ah yes! Scott (don't know that I ever mentioned it, but Scott is my SO) and I have been feverishly watching season 6 of the Sons of Anarchy. We've managed to borrow all of the other seasons from friends, but this time we had to get it from the library so we are trying to motor through as much as possible! Doesn't seem to have helped, last time I checked we already had a late fee of $5 and that was a few days ago...

And then last night I went to my first ever hot yoga class! I am always cold and love heat, so I figured... why not? It was definitely hot in there, and I think I may have sweated (sweat?) more in that one hour than I have in my entire life combined, but it was actually somewhat refreshing, odd as that may sound.

Scott has been working some pretty late nights and the weather has started to get a bit chilly, so when he texted to say he was going to be late and was having a bad day, I told him to pick what he wanted for supper and that is what I would make. Oddly enough, out of all of the things he could have picked, he chose pancakes!


Pancakes for supper is my dad's specialty, so I called him up and got the recipe. I wasn't too sure how many I would get out of it, and you can never have too many pancakes, so I decided to make a double batch. Scott has been eating these for breakfast every day for this entire week!

This is a super simple, but super delicious recipe! I also had some strawberries on hand, so we cut those up and ate them alongside. Interested? Here's the recipe:


Pancakes
1 and 1/2 cups of flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 tbsp oil
1 and 1/2 cups of milk
1 tsp vanilla (this wasn't in my father's recipe, but I added it in for mine)

Directions

1. In a large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
2. In a smaller bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Spoon batter onto a hot griddle or into a frying pan. Wait for bubbles to form, then flip and cook other side. Serve and enjoy!

Until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment